Are you interested in becoming a CRPA? Apply for a free training program!
This program is provided by a Schenectady County ALL PEERS (Advocates Liaisons Leaders Partnering Experts Educators Recovery Systems and Supports) Initiative through funds provided by Alliance for Better Health Care.
NOTE: Schenectady County residents will get priority but open spots will then be offered to the Capital Region area and then additional counties. Eligibility will be determined by each of the training providers (Our Wellness Collective, Albany Behavioral Health and SUNY Schenectady Community College.Online Application for Schenectady County Training Programs
These courses are being provided by Our Wellness Collective.
Based on the requirements for the NYS CRPA (Certified Recovery Peer Advocate) Certification, this program provides the following training:
- Recovery Coach Academy for Young Adults (30 hours)
- Ethical Considerations for Recovery Coaches (16 hours)
- MAT (Medication Assisted Treatment) Online Course (4 hours)
- Supervision (25 hours)
Additional descriptions and course objectives can be found here: http://ourwellnesscollective.com/category/training/
Albany Behavioral Health is providing the following courses:
- Burnout in Human Service Workers (when helpers get exhausted from helping)
- Cultural Competency in multi-cultural/multi-ethnic settings (shifts amongst treatment organizations willingness or must)
- Harm Reduction Techniques (a national shift in approaches to substance use disorder)
- Intervention and Substance Use Disorders (when loved ones refuses to seek help)
- Substance use Disorders in families (no one left unharmed)
- Women and Substance Use Disorders (the differences)
SUNY Schenectady Community College is providing the following courses:
Completed forms should be emailed to Tiziana Rota (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Online Application for Schenectady County Training Programs