New for 2018!
We are extremely excited to announce a new version of our nationally recognized Recovery Coach Academy specifically designed for Young Adults. The Center for Addiction Recovery Training (CART) has developed this training to enhance the skills of Young Adults looking to serve others as Recovery Coaches as well as those individuals who will be supporting young adults on their recovery journey.
Although the core framework and learning objectives are the same as our original RCA, this one has been geared towards the unique learning styles of young people. In a mix of fast-paced, interactive exercises at the in-person component, young adults will get a chance to understand and practice the Art of recovery coaching, while the science of recovery coaching will be explored in an online environment. We believe this ground-breaking training program is one of the best available for young adults interested in utilizing recovery coaching to support others. Whether you are a young person in recovery yourself, are a friend, family member, or ally of a young person in recovery, this course will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to guide and mentor others through their own recovery process. Much like the journey of recovery, this training provides you with a transformational experience – whether you end up coaching professionally or use these services in a volunteer role, or just use it to work on your own recovery – you will be transformed.
Through a combination of online and in person classes, learning objectives will include:
- Describe the roles and functions of a recovery coach
- List the fundamental principles of recovery coaching
- Explore different definitions and pathways of recovery
- Build communication skills to enhance relationships
- Discover attitudes about self-disclosure & sharing your story
- Understand the role of belief systems and values in the coaching relationship
- Describe the different roles and applications for recovery coaching
- Increase awareness of culture, power & privilege
- Address ethical & boundary issues
- Experience recovery wellness planning
- Practice newly acquired skills
Each participant will be awarded 30 CEUs once both the online and in person modules have been completed.